Sunday 27 June 2021

Happy Birthday

I was having fun with the Shaving Foam technique the other day, after I discovered that if you leave the foam mixed with the colour for a few hours before taking a print a different effect appears. Rather than the traditional marbling, a looser more bubbly print is achieved. I grabbed all sorts of scraps of paper and card and popped them onto the foam to take prints and they are all slightly different and I really like the range of effects which occur. I rather thought that this looked like swirls of water, hence the little fish. I have so many prints from the one plateful of foam, that I'll be making watery cards for a while methinks.
Inkspiration - Maritime






 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome card! I love your shaving foam background - your take on the technique gives a cool effect. I also love those little fish! Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back again - would you mind letting me know the name of the die you used for the little fishes please? They are sooooo cute! Thank you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! The little fish were the perfect choice for that background strip! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How you let the foam set for hours is beyond me but the effect is specular. I, too, would like to know the origin of the fishes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely effect with the foam. Cute card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The water efffect looks beautiful! I love the little silver fish - they are arranged perfectly on your lovely card. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie