Here is yet another new die from Simply Graphic. I think these blooms are SO cool! I think that the trickiest part of this card was getting the apertures lined up and spaced evenly! I used a ruler to get them square to the front panel die, but they kept just shifting slightly, not helped by the fact that my Big Shot plates are very warped. In the end rather than using tape to secure the little dies in place, I covered them with a piece of Press 'n' Seal, which worked brilliantly! I cut a second set of heads for the flowers to stack on top so that it would add a little dimension and coloured them with Distress Oxide ink in Spun Sugar for the base coat, then stamped some speckles and added a little shading in Worn Lipstick. The leaf die is another from Simply Graphic... (I had a lovely parcel of goodies delivered yesterday) I left some of the leaf parts in and took others out!
The sentiment is from Sugar Pea Designs. It took about 4 tries to get it right... the first one wasn't cut centrally (I had to shorten the die cut a little), then when is was cut centrally I realised that it was too dark in Worn Lipstick, so I did it again in Spun Sugar!
AAA Cards Flowers