Friday 11 June 2021

Sending Love

Here is yet another new die from Simply Graphic. I think these blooms are SO cool! I think that the trickiest part of this card was getting the apertures lined up and spaced evenly! I used a ruler to get them square to the front panel die, but they kept just shifting slightly, not helped by the fact that my Big Shot plates are very warped. In the end rather than using tape to secure the little dies in place, I covered them with a piece of Press 'n' Seal, which worked brilliantly! I cut a second set of heads for the flowers to stack on top so that it would add a little dimension and coloured them with Distress Oxide ink in Spun Sugar for the base coat, then stamped some speckles and added a little shading in Worn Lipstick. The leaf die is another from Simply Graphic... (I had a lovely parcel of goodies delivered yesterday) I left some of the leaf parts in and  took others out!
The sentiment is from Sugar Pea Designs. It took about 4 tries to get it right... the first one wasn't cut centrally (I had to shorten the die cut a little), then when is was cut centrally I realised that it was too dark in Worn Lipstick, so I did it again in Spun Sugar!
AAA Cards Flowers


Time out - Inspiration - Spring

CAS on Friday - Flowers





 

15 comments:

  1. I love Simply Graphic dies and these ones are really lovely. They look fabulous with the squares behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love what you've crated with their beautiful dies, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful! Where do you purchase the Simply Graphic dies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I buy them online directly from the company in France! They're fabulous aren't they!

      Delete
  4. Really pretty card. Thanks for sharing all your "trials" in completing this card. Glad to know that talented card makers like you struggle a bit too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is amazing! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and perfectly CAS card. amazing dies and I love how you have used the windows as background. Brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissie, this is my new favorite card of yours! It's exquisite! I'm glad you didn't give up because it is sensational in every way! You should be a designer for Simply Graphic, my friend. Your simple elegant style is so in line with theirs. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great design! So beautifully done!
    Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card! Love the small pops of colour on the almost all white. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fantastic design as always, Chrissie. Love the flower placement over the trio of die cut "windows". Beautiful. It is always a joy to see you in the Time Out gallery (or anywhere else!) Thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful simplistic design but the hardest to pull off...it's perfect. So glad you joined us this month at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie