Here is another card playing around with my new dies from Simply Graphic. Somehow this didn't workout quite as effectively as I had hoped. I found the juxtaposition of the leaves quite tricky to arrange. I would lay out the pieces until I found an arrangement I liked but by the time I had picked up the pieces to add the adhesives, I couldn't seem to find exactly where I had previously put the leaves.
I made this with two challenges in mind.
I found the no stamping bit rather tricky when it came to colouring the leaves. I wanted to add some dots to add interest, for which I would normally use a splatter stamp, so to get around this, I cut a stencil with Sizzix snowstorm die and added the contrast colours through that. They looked a little stark, so as they were distress inks, I spritzed them with water and the colour improved.
For the front panel, firstly I embossed a piece of card with a Cuttlebug folder and then cut it into two, leaving a gap between the pieces.
The dies are from Simply Graphic.