Friday 13 November 2020

Merry Christmas to you




For ages I had thought that Distress Oxide inks were probably just a bit of a fad and what did I need them for when I had just about all the shades of Distress Ink! Anyway eventually I caved after seeing SO many people using them and now I can't imagine why I haven't been using them for ages! I didn't realise how well they stamped (knowing how hit and miss regular Distress inks are for stamping), how well they can be used as a painting medium, what great depth of colour you get from them and how well they blend. SO far I have invested in about a dozen, but I have a way to go to get the colours I would like. Then there is the problem of where to keep them!
Getting around to this card, I stamped the green panel with Versamark then just left it to dry.
After stamping the mistletoe onto some white card using Bundled Sage DO ink, I dabbed some more onto my glass, together a couple of dabs of Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks. Then with my water brush, I used these shades to colour the leaves. For the berries, I used some Pumice Stone DO ink watered down considerably, and applied just to one side of each berry to the appearance of dimension.
To finish off the card I added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the berries and some clear Wink of Stella to the leaves. I did drag a gold ink pad along the edge to the green panel before adhering it to the card.
The stamps are from Memory Box Merry and Bright Mistletoe set.
I made this card with the challenge at CAS Mix Up in mind, which this time is a watercolour challenge.

There are a few 'off the edges' to choose from here.
Stay safe and well everyone!

4 comments:

  1. A lovely card Chrissie. I like the straight line of the background panel with it's gold edge and it's subtle stamping. Lovely mistletoe sprig and the Crystal Glaze makes the berries pop! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...DOX's heat emboss beautifully too because they are so juicy:-) You can not have too many colors! TFS your beautiful CAS off the edge monochromatic Christmas card, Chrissie. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mistletoe is so pretty, Chrissie! I love how it looks off the edge of the subtle stamping and that wonderful textured white! A classy card as always! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie