Thursday 11 March 2021

Holly inchie

Here is a simple card made for the challenge at AAA Cards.
 
I love this tiny old wood mounted stamp from Stampendous. The image it produces is always beautifully crisp and it is perfect for an inchie! I simply stamped it with Versafine onyx black ink and then embossed it with some holographic EP. This leaves a little twinkle, which in fact is not apparent in this picture. A simple frame was dry embossed using the next size up of stitched dies. When I came to look at the card front I realised that it was slightly off centre, so before doing anything else I decided to try a second embossing, slightly offset from the first one, to make the whole of the embossing central. I knew that by putting the card through the Big Shot a second time would somewhat flatten the first impression, but as they were so close together, it wasn't as flat as I thought it might be and by gently rubbing the second impression from the back of the card, it equalised the depths of each impression.
I was tempted to colour the image but as the twist for the challenge this time is black and white I decided to leave it as is! 
We are having a new kitchen. This week has been a week of devastation. The old kitchen was removed totally and piping for the water supply to the new fridge installed, then yesterday the whole of the electrics were revamped, rewired, re-sited and the media gubbins moved to a new position.
When we moved into this house about 34 years ago, the kitchen window was central to that wall, but after a few years we decided we needed to move the wall slightly to give us more usable space. The kitchen we just had removed was installed when that extension took place. Kitchen #3 coming up!
How time flies.

My conservatory is my kitchen at the moment, the utility room sink will remain in action until the new  one is installed and usable in the kitchen, then the utility room will be renovated!
We are keeping well away from the action!




 

2 comments:

  1. A FABULOUS make, you really are the Queen of CAS.

    Good luck with the kitchen refurb ... I remember our kitchen refurb like it was yesterday (it was 2009!) and the chaos and mess but oh, when it was finished we were so pleased and I hope you will be too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie