Saturday 16 November 2013

Designer Paper

The challenge at Less is More this week is to use some Designer Paper in a Clean and Simple way! When I decided that my style in cardmaking was decidedly CAS, I was left with a variety of stack of Designer Paper which tend to get forgotten. The sort I prefer to use, if at all is probably  the sort of monochrome design that Pink Petticoat among other companies, produces.
Here I have just used a strip in a band across the card with a SU bird stamped and cut out. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.
Here I have used Designer paper for paper piecing, matting and for the sentiment (cut with my Silhouette).
I stamped on some DP here, both for the main image and the leaves.
Stamps are from JOFY.

This is nothing to do with the Less is More challenge, but I thought I would share it with you. I bought this fab delicate trees stamp at the NEC. It's from Poppy Stamps and has a matching die, which I obviously didn't use on this occasion. With a little masking and sponging my wintry scene emerged!
I was quite pleased with it... I've made a few cards with this technique! I used Distress inks in Stormy Sky, Weathered Wood and Iced Spruce and added a little Glamour Dust for a touch of sparkle!
The sentiment is from Stampin' Up.
Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Three lovely cards Chrissie. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow your winter tree scene is amazing, brilliant inking and so glad I have the stamps, otherwise I'm NEED them lol!
    Off to mother's today, card from me later or tomorrow
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for adding that final card. Beautiful inking, I have this stamp, it has never seen ink, I now feel very inspired, thank you so much. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cards and great use of dp's x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Chrissie, and thanks for sharing your inky snow scene - its a beauty! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some fabulous cards here Chrissie. I love the baby one,its so cute, and a stamp I reach for whenever I need a baby card.
    Love your snowscene. Must get my inks out and have a play.

    Take care.

    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all three of your DP challenge cards, especially the baby card it is too adorable. Your winter scene card is absolutely stunning! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards/inspiration! The 3th is one I really like, but the last is the card that I think is stunning! The sparkling is so well in proportion! Have an inky weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Chrissie you are on fire this week! Love the dp cards, especially the 1st one and the trees are stunning:) the touch of glitter is so pretty!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, Chrissie! You have such a delicate touch with patterned papers and your wintry scene is stunning...I'm sure it sparkles beautifully IRL, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What super LIM examples Chrissie, just love the humming bird, your baby cards makes me want a Shilouette. Great Christmas card as well. Will try to get a card done in the next few days for the challenge. Thank you for all your hard work, you are a star.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super job on all the cards. Love the last one the best, stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa, girl, you are so inspiring with the DP art!! I love every single one of them!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards Chrissie, all of them. You have the same taste in DP as me, I go for the monochromatic look too, subtle polka dots is my fave! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards Chrissie, especially love that welcome baby card.
    Jose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie