Saturday 30 November 2013

Twinkle, twinkle

I really enjoy messing about with Post It notes, ink pads and sponge daubers. I also particularly love this delicate tree stamp which I bought recently at the NEC. It's from Poppy Stamps.
The inks are Distress Inks in Stormy Sky, Weathered Wood and Iced Spruce, with just a touch of Glamour Dust. The sentiment is computer generated.
This one was made from an off cut of one of my inky sessions, but I rather liked it as it is and so made another card out of it!
Sorry for this dreadful picture, I may try to take another. It employs the same stamp, this time heat embossed with WOW Vintage Jade embossing glitter. It's beautifully twinkly IRL! The sentiment is from LOTV.

Since buying my Silhouette Portrait cutting machine, I have been delighted with the things that can be done with it....making me wonder why I didn't get one sooner. There is a site called Bird's Cards where there are heaps of fabulous free cutting files to be had, which was the origin of this pretty little one here.
This was SO quick and easy to make! The little birds are from a Memory Box die.
This one is a commission card and is made using two favourite things... a squished flower background and heaps of Glamour Dust! The butterfly is from Memory Box. The flowers are merely little punchies.
The challenge at Less is More this week is Sparkle, so these are my twinkly cards!
DO join us !

We had progressive dinner party last night. One of our neighbours organises and co-ordinates it. We began next door for the starter with a choice of pears stuffed with walnuts and Roquefort (amongst other things) or Butternut Squash soup. I provided the main course which was Cassoulet, and we went over the road for dessert ...Pecan Pie or Whisky Cream, cheese and coffee. It was all incredibly pleasant and very delicious, but sadly the diet went out of the window for the night!

12 comments:

  1. Love the scenes you created and the snowflake is lovely. I wish I had more time to use my silhouette, thanks for the link will investigate further.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Chrissie. The scene ones are super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous cards! I have to say the first two are my favorite. Such beautiful scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them thanks for the shout out xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what fabulous cards, love the snowy, glittery scenes so beautifully and delicately stamped. The snowflake is outstanding and the butterfly card is wonderful love the design here. Thanks for the link for the cutting files. I really love my Cameo and don't know what I would do without it. What a great idea for a dinner party sounds intriguing and love the fact that the washing up is divided !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all beautiful! The one with the oval recess and the butterfly is perfection! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous set of cards - love the scenic ones with the small trees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creations as always Chrissie, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous, Chrissie! I love how you created your winter scenes with all that sparkly goodness! Your snowflake and birds are so charming and I love your butterfly, too!
    Thanks so much for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm shockingly late this week Chrissie but boy was it worth coming over to see your beautiful gallery of cards - stunning! I love masking and inking to create scenes too and you've got me itching to get inky now! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous fabulous cards Chrissie, you really are the expert at these type!the meal& food sounds fun too what a great idea :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Chrissie all your cards are so gorgeous! Love your winter scenes and that snowflake is amazing! Thank you so much again for having me as your Guest Designer this week, I have loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie