Sunday 17 October 2010

Cards for my Choir

Last night was the celebratory dinner of my choir, The Portsmouth Choral Union.  One couple has just retired after singing with the group for 41 years. They were honoured at the dinner and given life membership of the group of 'Friends'. This is the card I made for them,  which choir members signed with their personal messages. This is a large card, but I still had to add an additional sheet inside for all the greetings. The backing paper is in fact gift-wrap which I bought in the parish church in Ludlow on my recent visit.
This one is for another chap, also a long serving member of the choir who is ill at the moment, I think he's just gone into hospital for more surgery and this is to wish him well and to let him know that he is missed.
It was quite fiddly to get the sentiment to echo the shape of the line of music at the bottom,  but I got fairly close in the end. These images are all digital, apart from the figure, which I snipped out of bits of paper. The bow tie was very fiddly... it's tiny!
It was a lovely occasion and the dinner was followed by an auction of promises, where over £2000 was raised for choir funds. If you look on my side bar you'll see our logo which is the link to my choir and from whence I got the inspiration for the cards.
Paper Pretties - Black , White and 1 other colour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie