Friday 22 October 2010

Black and White plus 1

This is a card for a friend of ours who is a musician, lecturer, opera arranger, composer and former choir conductor among other things. I found it a bit tricky to think of a suitable subject for his card. Last year I gave him one with a huge ice cream on the front as he's rather partial to those, but this year I've just gone with a few maestros taking a bow or generally playing silly kids on a stave.
I'm quite pleased with the sentiment, which I did on the computer, I like the combination of the two fonts. In fact a mutual friend is giving him a book on fonts, so he may be able to find out all about them.
Clean & Simple yet again. I think this is more me!
I decided I fancied a change on my blog background and tried about 3 others before I settled on this one, I'm not sure I'll keep it too long...we'll see.
Crafty Catz Challenge - Black, White + 1

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Chrissie, I love those maestros having fun :-)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, its fun yet sophisticated
    Great layout

    mandi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb as ever Chrissie, as are all of your latest, including the hearts in the post above this :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh Chrissie - get you with the new blog background - it was the first thing i noticed as your page was loading up - and waited for the rest of the scheme to loads... very nice. it'll take some getting used to in the fact that i'll need to remember i'm at the right blog LOL...

    Anyway, onto the card - for the recipient - this image is pure genious!!! Very fitting... and lovely and simple.

    Paula xx x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh this is gorgeous, thanks for playing along with CRAFTCATZ, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. Love the black and white with the thouch of burgundy. Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Chrissie I think this will be received with much love that image is wonderful what a fabulous way to capture the musical love of the person that you are giving this to. I love it.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrissie,
    What a stunning card, it is so sriking and i love it! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie