Friday 10 September 2021

JOY


Here is another card for the challenge at CAS Christmas, where the prerequisite this time is PLAID!


I found this scrap of digital paper in my scraps drawers and simply used some dies to make the focal point and the sentiment. One thing which surprised me somewhat was how 'off' the design looked when the dies were not placed appropriately on the paper. By that I mean that the smidge of pattern looked dreadful if it wasn't centralised and aligned in the two cuts. Maybe I have a touch of OCD! This was the third try with the word JOY, but I'm satisfied with this placement. Bothe the tree and the sentiment are popped into dimensional strips to add a little dimension.
Merry Little Christmas  - Anything goes


 

7 comments:

  1. I really love how you played with this beautiful plaid pattern, Chrissie! I see what you mean about alignment, too...but, I have a touch of OCD myself, what can I say? Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas...we always enjoy seeing your creations in the gallery! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS perfection as always Chrissie!! LOVE your sweet Christmas tree and JOY out of plaid. I understand what you mean about having the placement correct for the plaid design. Glad you stuck with it and ended with this amazing design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning and the Christmas tree die looks fabulous as does the JOY, you really nailed this for the CAS Christmas Challenge, thank you so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love your little plaid Christmas tree XX Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, great inspiration and follow thru.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Chrissie! Love the pop of plaid.
    Thanks so much for joining us for our Merry Little Christmas Challenge for September 2021.
    We hope to see you again soon,
    Lou DT xo
    JemLou Productions

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity of this card and the plaid. And I totally agree that it has to be just right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie