Sunday 19 September 2021

Always in our thoughts


I just saw a sketch which really appealed to me at Colours and Sketches
I love the gentle inky look to it even though it's really only a diagram, but I wondered if that was the effect that the artist was thinking of when drawing it.
SO.... I found a scrap of foam sponge and simply dabbed a background with Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink, I then used the same ink to stamp some splatters and a couple of leaf sprays from Clearly Besotted, which I cut with the matching die.
The sentiment is from Avery Elle.



 

5 comments:

  1. Yep, exactly what I was thinking! Your card is stunning! I LOVE the beautiful monochrome! Thanks so much for joining our sketch challenge at CC&S 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. The softness of your inking and neutral tones echo Jenny's sketch design beautifully Chrissie - bravo! Thanks for playing over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever. I don't know how you think of your designs. Even with the sketch I don't think I would ever come up with this idea. It works so well xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant interpretation of the sketch Chrissie! I love the subtle colour scheme and the pearls and splatters work beautifully together to give a magical snowy feel. Thank you for sharing your talents with us at CAS Colours and Sketches :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! Simply elegant, beautiful, gorgeous. I love the monotone of the warm gray - my favorite gray family. Great job, thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie