Thursday 30 April 2020

Happy birthday

Whenever I see an interesting simple sketch, I really feel the need to have a go... as was the case after seeing this from Freshly Made Sketches
It rang a bell for another challenge at Inkspirational to use Ink Splatters, so here it is!

In fact the splatters are stamped and not splattered, but I don't suppose that matters! I used a stamp from the SU Gorgeous Grunge set, which has been a favourite of mine for quite some time now!
The butterfly was cut with a Memory Box die from some smooshed card and given a plain mount so as to show up the filigree against the splatters.
The other day a friend asked me to make a card for her DIL's 30th birthday. She gave me pretty much free rein to do what I pleased but quite liked the  idea of flowers. I decided to make something that I thought she would like.
As it was a special birthday (it is today in fact) I thought we would go the whole hog and do something with a little dimension and make a box for it too!
This is a large card, (A4 sheet of card folded in half) and I had the idea that I wanted to use a soft blue and kraft for the colour scheme. I used Sahara Sand card from SU but didn't have any blue that I felt was quite right so I printed a sheet in Pink Petticoat's 'Ocean' shade. As I made the rolled flowers from this, I could use exactly the same colour for the sentiment. I pick up the RGB numbers by opening something in the colour into Paint and then using the dropper tool pick up a little of the colour to see what the combination of RGB is!
I used a bunch of dies, mainly Memory Box I think!
I thought I would add it to the challenge at Simon Says Stamp
Anything Goes


10 comments:

  1. Love the CAS butterfly card and the floral card is so beautiful! I haven't used the rose dies for a long time, thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether stamped Or a splattered the effect is the same – absolutely gorgeous. You definitely did that clean and simple sketch justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous makes, Chrissie, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Chrissie, love the butterfly one and the 30th card is just so pretty, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love x love your 'stamped' splatters (I just about did the same with my DT card!)! Your card is elegant and classy! Thrilled to see you in the Inkspirational gallery; thank you for playing 'cards' with us! Swooning over your second card as well; gorgeous!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both lovely cards! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both wonderful! Love the splatters with the butterfly. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both cards but that second one is AH-MAZING!! My favorite color of blue and everything about it is fabulous! Thanks for participating in our challenge this week at the The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both cards , but my favorite is the second one!!! It is gorgeous! Love the leaves and the textures! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie