Monday 2 March 2020

Gelli


The challenges at CAS Mix Up always stretch my range of techniques. Some are new to me and some ones which need revisiting!
The challenge this time is to use acrylic paint.

It also happens to be their 4th Birthday Celebration! Where has that time gone to?

Happy Birthday CAS Mix Up!

When I think of acrylic paints my first thought is to use my Gelli plate (which hasn't been used for a very long time).
So I now have lots of bits of paper and card with gelli prints on!
For this card, I mixed up some orange and blue to make brown and then added a smidge of metallic gold, before mixing with a brayer. I took a Stampin Up Gorgeous Grunge stamp to pick up some colour from the plate and stamped it to make this background. I took another print from the plate before rebrayering. Next I popped a die cut foliage spray onto the plate and then took another print. This coloured the die cut on this card and also provided another background with negative space where the die cut had been... for later use!
The sentiment is from Avery Elle.
There is actually quite a nice golden glimmer in places on this card which sadly does not appear in evidence on the photo.
SO for this card I used Acrylic Paints, Gelli stamping and printing, diecutting and heat embossed stamping.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Chrissie! And you also got lots of use from your gelli plate using it for the background and main focal point, as well as having an extra background for later. Way to go! I struggle with my gelli plate ... not sure why. :) This is fabulous ... your design is awesome in monochrome. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and beautiful neutral acrylic colors, Chrissie for your thinking of you card. TFS the description of your gelli plate stamping technique. Very cool! Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome CAS design, I love it. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreamy, delicate and deliciously clean, Chrissy ... just gorgeous ... probably even more so IRL with the subtle shimmer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Chrissie. It's very understated and so very elegant. Beautiful.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie