Saturday 27 June 2015

Week 230 at Less is More - Sketch

It's time for a sketch again at Less is More and this time it's one that I have used before but find very satisfying!
With two shapes like this, either panels or apertures, it's always more pleasing to have them the same width even though the depths are different. Strangely, manufacturers don't seem to produce squares and rectangles with matching dimensions, so I use one shape and adapt it either shortening or lengthening  the die-cut. You can see a video of how I do this here. This one is in fact for extending dies, but conversely you can shorten dies too in a similar manner.

This one has apertures, cut with a Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle, the bottom aperture being much shortened.
The stamp is from Artemio with an olive image from the Internet. The sentiment is computer generated and the flourish from MFT.
For this I used a stitched square die from SSS and reduced it a little for the image panel and a lot more for the sentiment panel.
I was a little unsure how the stamp for adding the colour to this image should be used. It didn't seem to fit any way round, so I hope that this looks OK.  The stamp set is from Wplus9. I used Dried Marigold and Ripe Persimmon Distress inks on it, which I spritzed lightly with water after stamping, just to soften the edges.


20 comments:

  1. Two great cards, Chrissie. Love your peach card and its simplicity. Those two-step stamps can be so tricky but I think this looks just fine :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, Chrissie. I've almost given up using two step stamps - they seem to drive me to distraction! Your peach card looks stunning.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards love the peachy one but both are fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards love the peachy one but both are fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first thought was apertures... but now that I have seen how your second card turned out... I might have changed my mind!
    Thanks for the inspiration Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are simply stunning, Chrissie!!! And that peach ...it looks great!!!!!
    Thanks for taking the time to do the video!!!!!
    Have a lovely Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been following your blog for a while, but I have to comment on these cards because they are absolutely beautiful! Stunning...I consider them art and they are frameable -- they absolutely took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm fairly new to your blog. I've only been s subscriber for a very short time. Thanks for the link to your video. I could barely hear you describing your process, though - had the volume turned all the way up on You Tube and all the way up on my computer and still struggled to hear. I pretty much knew how you would lengthen the dies like that anyway since I've done some similar things with a few dies. But, guess I'll have to play around with some dies to see about shortening them. Just thinking about it I don't see how it would work as you said, basically the same way. For some reason I'm imagining cutting where I don't want to cut if my die is bigger than I want my finished die cut to be. :) I'll have to play with some dies and try that out. It's so much fun seeing what dies and punches will do beyond their basic shape.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards Chrissie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and elegant cards, Chrissie! I love that peach (looks perfect to me!) and the olive branch against the music is just stunning. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two very elegant cards...and both so different even though they are from the same sketch..........very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 super chic and classy cards Chrissie.
    Great work on the sketch and I can't pick a favourite.
    Have a fantastic week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both these cards are stunning Chrissie...I love them both....thanks for the Indpiration...xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's great when you can make two cards from one cut, Chrissie, and these are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both of these Chrissie ...... perfectly CAS, and elegant as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love both of these Chrissie ...... perfectly CAS, and elegant as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both cards Chrissie - the delicate colouring on the peach is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love both cards Chrissie - the delicate colouring on the peach is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie