Saturday 20 June 2015

Stencilling

The theme at "Less is More this week is stencilling. It has been on trend for a while now, with lots of innovative ways of using stencils being employed.
This is a card I made for some friends of mine, in fact it is a commission from another friend of mine and I have yet to make my own card for them. They are going to have a mantelpiece full of my cards as I've already made another for them from yet another mutual friend.
Here I used a part of a Memory Box stencil with Spun Sugar Distress ink applied with a sponge dauber.
The swirly thing is from a Sizzix die and the leaves from Wplus9. I believe that the sentiment mount is Tonic Studios.
This is very similar in vein, using the same stencil, plus Memory Box leaves and butterfly.
This week my hubby will be celebrating his 70th birthday and we are off to the races at Salisbury on Wednesday with our children and their partners. I hope the weather will be kind.

22 comments:

  1. Chrissie I can only describe this as breathtakingly beautiful!
    Enjoy the week away and congrats to your hubby on this milestone birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, Chrissie. Such lovely colours topped with white delicate die cuts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Two elegant and delicate cards - simply lovely!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the subtle stencilled background for those white elements - so airy and fresh! Enjoy the races :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Chrissie! Gave fun at the races!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 gorgeous cards Chrissie. I have that fab stencil. If I had to choose it would be the green one. Have fun. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, love the dies and pearl it give a nice touch of rafinement !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards Chrissie - both lovely in their own way. Many congratulations to your hubby reaching his milestone birthday......it's Tonys in November (can't believe I'm married to such an old man! lol).

    Hugs.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What can I say that no one else has said - there are just so many words to describe these beautiful cards!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful cards. Enjoy the day on Wednesday. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards just ooze class Chrissie and both of these are no exception, they are both gorgeous. Love that stencil and the delicate way you have used it with the rings, pearls and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, Chrissie. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two gorgeous cards Chrissie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both card are so beautiful and "light"! Glad I came over to see your other card! Enjoy the sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Chrissie
    I have just come from LIM to say how much I love your card but now that I have seen your first one I think that I love that one even more!!
    STUNNING. xx
    P.S hope that you were lucky at the races!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two gorgeous creations, I do love that swirly die, it could be a Mackintosh rose, or a bird nest or... fab
    Enjoy your week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both really delecate and pretty cards, just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are gorgeous Chrissie...one of my favourite stencils. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two beautiful creations Chrissie, the pink one has to be my fav of course I think.....lol ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great big WOW for both of these cards, Chrissie!!! Surely your friend is going to love them as much as I do!!!!
    Hope you had a lovely time with your children and that your husband had a very special day on his 70th!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie