Monday 24 August 2009

365 Cards Day 177 Monogram Monday


Whenever I make cards for weddings, engagements or anniversaries I often like to add the initials of the couple as a way of making the greeting more personal.
This card is an anniversary greeting for my niece and her husband.
I didn't actually make Gilly's wedding stationery as she was married a couple of years before I began cardmaking, but I have done the Christening invitations for her son. (In fact those cards also contained a monogram. )
White on white with dry embossed pearly card and a heat embossed silver heart, mounted on Nesties. The initials are from the Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet.
We had a visit to Woodbridge in Suffolk yesterday with our son and daughter-in-law. What a stunning location, especially in the glorious sunshine. Wonderful!

15 comments:

  1. How stunning this is . Just love the touch with the Initials.
    Such a pretty acrd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! love the elegance of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I agree with Juls, it's got such elegance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful, very classy :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice monogram card Chrissie...great idea to put the initals of the couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and so clean!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant! Love the crisp and clean look! Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very classy. And no worries re email, perfectly ok!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Love the embossing! ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the blue on blue...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blue on blue...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant! Love the embossing and the monogram!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty CArd! I love the Swiss dots!!!
    I also love your blog, what a cute and fun place to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie