Sunday 17 April 2022

40


Some years ago one of my cards found its way to a recipient who lives in Ireland. I usually put a little sticker on the back my cards with my name, phone number and email details etc and in this case it has brought many, many commissions from this particular lady. Every now and again I will receive a text from her requesting a bunch of cards. Sometimes it will be months and months between requests but it's always good to hear from her. 
The stamp used here is an old wood mounted one from Inkadinkadoo, which I think was called My Mother's Dress. I have another smaller version of it somewhere which came as part of a clear stamp set, but I've always loved it. I stamped it in black Versafine ink and then embossed it with WOW Black twinkle embossing powder. I began by colouring it with watercolour pencils, but it was just too insipid for the effect I wanted to achieve, so went over it with a couple of shades of red Copic markers.
I embossed some black card with the same EP and cut the numbers (Sizzix) and the shoes (Britannia Dies) from it. I tired to be a bit subtle with the shoes adding a slightly offset, under layer of red to suggest the brand of rather special manufacturer!






 

6 comments:

  1. What a fun and fabulous card. The colour combination looks amazing and so is that dress and the 'subtle' shoes Chrissie x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I bought that dress stamp after seeing you make a card with it years and years ago. Still a firm favourite, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! All the details, especially that red sole...and the font that you used for the sentiment!YOur embossing powder added a cool effect to everything too! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I predict a winner with this fun creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous 40th birthday card Chrissie!! LOVE the 'little red dress" with the bling. Your friend will be thrilled to receive this. Great way to use the challenge colours too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous, very feminine and super classy use of the challenge colors! Thanks some much for joining in at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie