Tuesday 1 March 2022

Sending Love

I acquired a couple of small envelope dies quite some time ago and could never quite understand why they had a small slit in them. Suddenly the light dawned and I realised that they were supposed to be interactive, in that a message could appear from out of the envelope. I spent ages fiddling around to work out how I could make it happen and get the stamping on the message in the correct place, but I managed in the end. I have no idea where the dies came from.
The bow was made with my bow maker threading the charm on as it was tied. The 'Sending' is by Simon Says Stamp, I think the LOVE is an old Spellbinder die. I stamped the envelope paper with a background stamp from SSS and the card for the sentiment was gold embossed using the same stamp.

I cut a slit in the front panel of the card to align with the slit in the envelope, so that the long tag could be inserted and hide the message until it was pulled out. I did put a stopper on the tag so that it couldn't be pulled out completely!
Mystery of the slit resolved!
















 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning card Chrissie and so clever with the hidden message. Glad you solved the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever this is, I love how you have stamped the envelope xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie