Sunday 4 July 2021

JOY


Here's a card for the challenge at CAS Christmas.

I've had this poinsettia die for a very long time and I don't actually remember the make. At some point there may have been some little dots for the centre of the flower, but I couldn't find the die, so I used the waste from a border die with holes in as the stamens etc. The flower is coloured with a couple of shades of red and a couple of shades of green alcohol pens. The die itself is a trio of petals/leaves in one piece so I cut three for the flower and two for the leaves.
The sentiment was not exactly a 'joy' to make as I got it into my head that I wanted a certain size and a certain type of font, which I didn't have in my die stash, so I did this with my Silhouette Portrait.  Cutting something this fiddly from 250gsm card is quite tricky. The bits are tiny and I stacked the letters three times ... it was a real tweezer job! I was however satisfied with the overall look at the end.
Addicted to CAS - Christmas

9 comments:

  1. love the classic design and crispness of the red, green and white and the sentiment size and font were all worth the effort. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to come and have a look at this one too, love the white "greenery", it's a beautiful design. thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect!
    So happy to see your entry at My Time To Craft Christmas.
    We love to see everyone’s work.
    Stay safe and well.
    Good luck, do come back again!
    Hugs, Jackie DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie, love the white on white elegance and the pop of red in the poinsettia. Beautiful, elegant card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. Going to copy this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty poinsettia, Chrissie! I love how you surrounded it with white-on-white accents...so elegant and perfectly CAS! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful with your bright red poinsettia against all the lovely white die cuts and card base! Thank you for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie, that poinsettia is gorgeous and all that white space and accents make my CAS loving heart so happy. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your CAS design Chrissie. It's perfection with the textured card front, beautiful spray with layered poinsettia, and the sweet JOY sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie