When I was looking for something else, I happened upon this stamp from Rubberneckers, which immediately made me want to do a background for the challenge at CAS Mix Up, which is to use Alcohol Lift Ink!
I used drops of three shades of green alcohol ink om some YUPO paper and then added a little Blending solution an mix up the colours and allow them to mingle. I inked the stamp with Alcohol Lift in and stamped onto the paper once is was totally dry. after dabbing any excess ink with a piece of paper towel I buffed the leaves with clean paper towel, lifting the remainder of the ink. I love the effect it gives.
The sentiment stamps and dies are from Clearly Besotted and I decided to raise the words on dimensional pads for a little more interest.
Alcohol Lift, Stamping, Die Cutting.
Meanwhile over at CAS Watercolour Challenge, a celebration for my lovely friend Darnell's birthday is taking place and she is being presented with heaps of bouquets of flowers!
Mine is a simple bunch of tulips, from stampin' Up, gently coloured with watercolours. I love to watch the reaction of the pigment with the water as it doe its 'thing'!
As she is such a special lady I may have to try another one for her, I must have a rummage through my stamps!
Happy Birthday Darnell.