Monday 29 July 2019

Proud Granny


There are a lots of people who make me very proud, but two very special ones are my daughter and her daughter! My daughter has achieved enormous success in her career, despite struggling during her early education. She worked tirelessly to achieve a First Class Honours Degree and has gone from strength to strength in her career in Human Resources.
Daisy, her daughter.... and my older granddaughter, will be moving to senior school in September and has secured a place at The Royal High School in Bath. This is an independent school for girls. Last week I took her to get her uniform.... there's heaps of it needed. There seems to be quite a lot of sports kit!

She was very excited to try it all on! She'll probably be fed up with it soon enough!
I prefer the colour of hers to what I had, my High School uniform was Brown and Cream and I used to have to wear a brimmed velour hat too... a bit like Miss Marple!!
Anyway the card I have made for Daisy has a picture of her school on the front. Apparently the school was approached when they were seeking a location for Hogwarts, but the school declined the request as they thought it might be a little intrusive.
I took a photograph which I converted to a pencil drawing and printed out recessing it behind the front panel. I added Daisy's name and in Word Art made the arched sentiment for the banner.
I had to fiddle around with my SSS double stitched dies in order to make them fit the image and the name. For each aperture I used a larger die and cut from both ends to reduce their sizes. These dies are probably the most used of all the dies in my collection ... and there are quite a lot of those!
BACK TO SCHOOL

1 comment:

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie