I just had one of those rare days when my idea for a card actually worked out... and I was pleased with the result.
A friend who has been requesting special cards for some time, asked me for a birthday card for his sister, for whom I have made many cards in the past. This always makes thinking of something new rather tricky. In the end he requested some spring flowers. This time his sister will be 70 so he wanted that on there too, but somewhere unobtrusive!
This is what I came up with.
We have Memory Box tulips and bucket (minus the handle) with a new banner die which I bought recently, but have no idea of the make. I did have to shorten it slightly, by cutting from each end, moving the die in a little on the second cut, in order to fit my computer generated sentiment.
The bucket was cut from silver mirri card and distressed with various dye inks rubbed on randomly!
I made a hinge in the front panel before embossing the background. Don't remember the make of this folder either.
I cut out several of the tulip die and coloured them with alcohol pens. I stuck extra strong DST on the back of the bucket and arranged the flowers and leaves withing it. I then used another diecut to cover the back. The hole left when the hinge is open is covered by yet another bucket diecut and the number 70 placed behind the flowers.
As the pot tended to flop forwards a little when the card was standing upright I added a self adhesive Velcro patch in order for it to be either open or closed as preferred.
The Card Concept #106 Pink Party
#113 Something New (The Sentiment die)