Wednesday 2 January 2019

Musical birthday


Happy New Year to you all!

As most of my cards are sold as a fund raiser for my choir and purchased by its members, the purchasers often like to have cards with a musical link or theme!
Here is one such, for the CAS Challenge at Happy Little Stampers

I added a little extra texture to the front panel with an embossing plate from Papertrey Ink, over which I added a strip of Tim Holtz Washi Tape. The violin was stamped with a very old stamp from Rubbadubbadoo, using Versafine Black Onyx ink and then clear embossed. It was cut out and mounted on dimensional pads.
The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.
We had a great holiday for our anniversary and came home straight into the celebrations for Christmas spent with our daughter and grandchildren. 
We managed to find a rocking horse for our grandson... something which he has wanted for quite some time, but until this year my daughter didn't have space to house one, but having moved to a new property, we thought now was the time. Keeping him sequestered in the back of the car until Christmas morning was a challenge, but all was well!
He loves him!

8 comments:

  1. Oh be still my heart! As a music teacher (strings in particular) this card really struck me - it's gorgeous!!! I have that washi tape and the sentiment too.....and several violin stamps....so NOW I must CASE this beauty - WOW, this is an incredible creation! BRAVO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! So elegant and eye-pleasing! I would love to see more music themed cards. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning with its usual Chrissie Flair of Casliciousness and flawless execution! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful anniversary celebration and thank you for sharing the horsie you found for your grandson! I'm sure there are lots of videos of that priceless moment when they met!! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Chrissie, love the classy feel it has! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect washi for the image and a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all dear !!
    great article and information, with your blogcomment.
    I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much.
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie