Tuesday 23 June 2009

Dutch Dare Colour Inspiration




The friend who wanted the doctor's retirement card some weeks ago asked me for a 70th birthday card for her mother-in-law.
She wasn't sure what she wanted putting on the front, as the card was to be from the family, all of whom called her different things. She calls her Val, her husband calls her Mum and the children call her Granny. So I asked if she'd like all three titles added to the card, and this is why we have the three salutations.
When going through my various papers to find a suitable pastel shade, the Dutch Dare Challenge picture came to mind when I came across this K&Co stack. They are all yellowish, but with the chalking and the addition of the plain card, the colour seems to be about spot on.
The lettering is all from Cuttlebug dies. We have Fancy Pants, You're not the boss of me and Typewriter. The leaves and butterflies are from punches and the flower centres are from another Cuttlebug flower which I added to my Poundland cheap spray with a touch of Glamour Dust.
I really liked the effect of the 9 squares which I used on a card the other day, so I tried it again!

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card! Bet she will love it. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Chrissie. I love the layout and your interpretation of the colour inspiration.
    Thank you for joining in the DDCC this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the inspiration challenge, you;re card is fabulous!

    Thanks for joining us at DDCC!!

    Hugs, Kelly

    P.S. Love your blog background too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie