Saturday 20 June 2009

2 cards for my friend


My friend keeps me quite busy making cards for her friends and family. These are birthday cards for her mother and her son.
The Papermania paper was the inspiration for the Mum's card. There is a sheet of paper similar to the effect on this card in the pack, but it was too large for my purposes so I cut down each individual square in order to make them fit. It took the colours from the Secret Crafter's Challenge this week, although the shades of green and pink are somewhat muted. The butterfly is Cuttlebug, and the flower and leaves are from Woodware punches.
As this card has a certain amount of Bling & Twinkle I thought it would also fit with Charisma Cards' theme of 'Diamonds are a girl's best friend'!

The son's card has been embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and the lettering is from the Cuttlebug Typewriter alphabet. The stars are cut with an X Cut punch and are in line with Our Creative Corner's theme this week. The image is from a clear stamp set, I think it's something to do with Hollywood, but I don't exactly remember the name of the maker. I really ought to be a little more organised and keep the packaging of my clear sets so that I know what I am using!
As both cards include numbers, either could be considered for the Challenge at One STOP crafts this week.
Chrissie

15 comments:

  1. sensational card!!!!

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Chrissie, oooh I adore the top card its absolutely stunning. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie, LOVE your card!!! The top cards colors are wonderful! So soft and pretty. Let me say WOW! janny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both different but both completely FAB

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards Chrissie, Love the butterfly and the flowers, gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful cards Chrissie, I love them embossing on the car one, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pair of cards, but the top one is the bees knees :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning cards as ever Chrissie. I love the muted colours and the butterfly, flower and leaves.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous cards Chrissie and I love your muted colours. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are very stunning. Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards. Love the subtle colours and the little butterfly.Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Charisma.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is absolutely beautiful, really gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

    Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fabulous number cards. Thanks for taking part in the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards Chrissie, well done on your challenge win, you deserve it. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards, but the first one is so beautiful :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie