Saturday 2 May 2015

A colour challenge!

This week at "Less is More" the challenge is to use two colours opposite to each other on a colour wheel.
My first thought was of Christmas colours...red and green. You can see them on this little colour wheel.
Image result for Colour wheel
I used a slightly darker shade of green and inked the whole of this Tim Holtz stamp with it, before removing the ink from the berries with a brush and adding the red with a marker. After stamping I added a little darker red to the berries with a Copic pen,  to add dimension and make them a little more definitive. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

Here I went with blue and gold... gorgeous sky and golden sand. It's an image from the Wax Fruit Company coloured with alcohol pens. The sea has a little Glamour Dust added for extra sparkle.
The 'happy' is from a Clearly Besotted die and the 'birthday' from a Mama Elephant stamp.
Here's another using the Tim Holtz holly stamp with a little tag added for a Memory Box sentiment. This time it's mounted on a SSS stitched square.

A couple of days ago we went to see Way Upstream by Alan Ayckbourn at the Chichester Festival theatre. I've seen some amazing productions there but this was something else. The stage was a river scene with real trees and a real 21 foot houseboat, which moved around the water in the most ingenious way and several people dived into the 'river' which was about 3 feet deep! Quite astonishing, and exceedingly clever as well as being a fine play!  I've never seen a set quite like it in a theatre. I wanted to take a picture of it but wasn't sure if I was allowed!
If anyone lives within striking distance of Chichester I can thoroughly recommend it!

29 comments:

  1. Great Lim cards Chrissie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb crisp and clean cards as always Chrissie.
    Do love that image on the middle one in particular, so dreamy and full of happy thoughts.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous CAS cards, Chrissie. Great tip about removing the colour, I can try this now I have a few distress inks...Yay! And that beach scene, I could go there right now! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards, as usual! Love the beach scene x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, as usual! Love the beach scene x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all stunning....I love Chrissie cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I was on the beach right now rather than looking at dismal bank holiday weather but your fabulous card is the next best thing! Love the stamp and your colouring. Love your Christmas cards too - the rich red and green really pop with all of that lovely white space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, perfectly CAS cards.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Chrissie :-) all of them are fabulous but I do love the summer one, the season is just starting and I have just had an hour reading my kindle in the sunshine, so lovely after a long wet winter ;-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, Chrissie! That production sounds amazing. One of the best stage productions I ever saw was a production of To Kill A Mockingbird at the Birmingham Rep. The sets were very simple but used light in the most ingenious ways to show the passage of time during the court house scenes. The shadows lengthened as the day went on... All very clever. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Chrissie - particularly like the beach scene.....xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Chrissie - particularly like the beach scene.....xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. CAS perfection, as always. That beach looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card for inspiration. The colors opposite on the wheel look really great. I love the combination of blue and yellow - maybe that's why this card is my favorite :-)
    Regards,
    Bozen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful and elegant, as always. I can't stop admiring your seaside card. What a great colouring!
    Have a nice week, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sea, sand and umbrella card, such a nice image and the colors are perfect for the scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your cards Chrissie. The blue and yellow colours on the middle card work together beautifully. It's such a cheerful card and you can feel the sunshine, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic cards and both of them so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Three great cards, I particularly like the birthday card. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. All three are beautiful Chrissie. Can just imagine the middle card is similar to what you are looking at for your vacation. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Delightful cards. Those holly leaves are so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Chrisie,
    All three of them are very beautiful the one you show on the LiM blog is my favourite it gives me the desire to pack my bags and leave for holliday LOL. Just gorgeous. I am so swamped this month with cards and projects i have to make but i absolutely wanted to join in the LiM challenge. It was a real challenge for me but whithout your challenge i would never have made this card in these two colours. So thank you again for a wonderful challenge and i loved making my card. Hugs Veerle
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Three fab cards Chrissie, all so classy again ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love both your Xmas cards, Chrissie and the beach scene is so peaceful and beautiful!!! Lovely CAS cards!!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous cards, Chrissie - all so perfectly CAS! The blue and yellow combination is just stunning, but I love them all!! --- Wish I had more time !!!
    Happy weekend...
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that beach scene the colours are so striking and beautiful. Nice idea to put a stamp with the die sentiment - I will be CASing that one!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous coloring.. that scene makes me want to be right there right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie