Wednesday 12 October 2022

Thanks


I really love leaves and foliage of any kind really, so when I saw the embossing folder for this oak leaf on Amazon I ordered it immediately! I actually thought it was just a regular sized 3D embossing folder, but it turned out to be an Impresslit from Sizzix. It was much smaller than I had anticipated plus it contained the dies for the leaves too!
Having both the impression and the die made the folder really thick and was too thick to go through my Spellbinders Platinum 6 using any of the normal plates, so I set about finding a solution. 


This video also shows how I coloured the leaves, giving them shimmer, but using regular alcohol inks.
The challenge at Addicted to CAS is Autumn, so this card seems ideal for that challenge.





I would be delighted if anyone watching my video could also subscribe to my channel as this makes it pop up to more crafters so I understand!
Thanks so much!


 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Chrissie for joining us once again at ATCAS with this super CAS card.The leaf is fabulous and I love the touch of burlap gives such lovely texture.Thank you also so much for the video you are such a great inspiration .

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That burlap frame is such a great way to show off your gorgeous inked, embossed and die-cut leaf Chrissie, and the embossing behind it ties both together beautifully. Thank you for playing with us at Addicted to CAS! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous dimensional leaf Chrissie which looks beautiful using the alcohol inks and the added mica mixed with alcohol works a treat to give some wonderful shimmer, and love the burlap dimensional frame with the coordinating dry embossed piece behind. I would never have thought to paint the leaf with the mica solution before adding the alcohol inks so will remember that in future, and thanks for the tip. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this is just stunning! Thanks for joining ATSM! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie