Wednesday 5 October 2022

Happy Birthday


Some time ago I was fortunate enough to have a card selected as the winner over on the Male Room Challenge, following which I was invited to be a Guest Designer for one of their challenges and this is it!

Needless to say that this theme is just up my street!
My card was made following our recent holiday in Antigua, where we stayed in a super little cottage in Cocobay, with Adirondack chairs on the deck overlooking our pool and the sea. We spent many happy hours on those chairs, reading, enjoying the the weather and the view. As soon as I got home I searched to see if I could find a die of an Adirondack chair and found this one from Impression Obsession. It is triple stacked, adhered over a patch of  'sand'  from a stamp from Stamplorations and embossed with some old Distress Embossing powder, which melts to a rough, matt finish.  I don't believe that it is still produced.
The seagull is by Memory Box and the sea elements from Charlie and Paulchen.
I hope that we can return to Antigua before too long, the people are so welcoming, we loved it!
 


 

 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS design - love the neutral colours.

    Thank you for being our Guest Designer at The Male Room Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This white on white looks fabulous Chrissie and love the chair and the netting, starfish and shell and that stamped sand looks great, and of course a seagull flying overhead. So glad you had a lovely time in Antigua...I must admit when looking at a recent video you made I thought your hands and arms looked very brown as though you had been away, and this was obviously the case...lol. Hope you can go back again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very beautiful and delicate, absolutely love it! Thank you so much for beeing our GDT at The Male Room this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card! It's so serene and elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great CAS card! The addition of the seagull makes it!! Thanks for being Guest Designer at The Male Room. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to see my heroine as GDT at The Male Room, I love this card Christine. Thank you for joining us. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful CAS beach card! You have CAS down to a science :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you used white on white to make you CAS card (with a little bit of sand). Thanks for being the GDT at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so serene - I love that white with the little bit of extra colour with the sand. Thanks for being our Guest Designer at The Male Room this month

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie