Friday 30 October 2020

Hope your day is awesome


For quite some time I have resisted buying any Distress Oxide inks... partly due to the fact that I have all the colours of regular Distress Inks and love them so much... so what could possibly be better than those plus I really wouldn't know where to store any new ones. However recently I seem to have kept seeing the Oxides in use and I finally caved! I started by buying just three shades. I don't have a refill for my regular Aged Mahogany ink pad, so I chose that, I fancied the sound of Crackling Campfire, so I got that and to make up the trio I bought a Carved Pumpkin.  Which are the colours I used for this card!
Strangely I couldn't get the latter open to begin with and discovered that in fact the lid was glued to the base. I guess there was just a little too much glue used to adhere the inkpad itself in position. The long and short of it is that the lid broke as I was trying to prise it open! I have contacted to seller and they have asked to have the pad returned. I have bought so many Distress inks over the years and have never had anything like this happen previously!
To make the card I simply applied some of all three colours onto card using sponge daubers in an ombre effect then placed it behind the die cut! I don't remember where the die came from but I really love it!
 I keep all my dies on A4 magnetic sheets, in themes, in plastic file cases. I have been keeping all the original packaging separately (for reference purposes) however that storage box was overflowing I think some of the packaging has been tossed! Occasionally I feel the need to have a purge of unused things. I really think that I have a lot of stuff which could either be taken to the charity shop or sold on a declutter site! It's a question of getting round to it!
But to get back to the Oxides... I really liked them and think I may get a few more in colour families! The sentiment is from Avery Elle.

Both the card base and the tree branches give some texture.

7 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely! To be honest, for me, the jury is still out on Oxides. I bought a few trios that matched, but I'm just not sure I'll ever get the hang of them. I once bought a Distress pad where the pad wasn't fixed to the base - what a mess when I first opened it! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, and I have to say that I went through the same thought process before finally caving and buying some of the Distress Oxides. You have made a really lovely sunset with your blended inks today. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Chrissie, love the die, in fact have been randomly searching for it! You are such an awesome enabler lol! Love the subtle texture in the cardstock too, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post. It's so easy to end up buying more stuff! Then buying more of it to go with it! I'm trying to have a clear out at the moment as I want to make my craftroom photo-ready ( thinking of moving) and it's funny, I have things I bought a year or two ago that are totally unusable already but some inkpads etc I bought maybe 20 years ago, still fresh and juicy! Anyway, I think your Oxide ink purchases were justified when I look at your beautiful card - so perfect with tree cut into the slightly textured card. I only have a few oxides myself, but I do like how they stamp, particularly on solid stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. Love your sponged background and all the texture on your card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely combination for a sunset. The oxides pad are nice an juicy if you want an intense colour. With regard to die storage I use magnetic sheets as well and if I remember I use a fine tipped sharpie to write the make on the back of the die. Then I use the plastic packaging as a shim for my Cuttlebug, which I still love but often needs a helping hand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie