Wednesday 8 July 2020

Stencil Tracing


Well the gals at CAS Mix UP have done it again... they've come up with another technique which is new to me.

For this card I cut a stencil from a piece of vellum and then brushed some Distress Ink over it and then traced partway around some of the apertures with a fine watercolour marker. I have to say it really did highlight some of the cells of the hive for these two fiddly Memory Box bees! I cut the bees from a piece of white card and coloured the individual components with alcohol markers. Once stuck together, I covered them with some Nuvo Crystal Glaze. I used brown and white for the sentiment to keep the colours in line with the theme.
I have been doing more sewing than card making of late... desperately trying to get lots of masks made. I did make some for my son with a clear window in. He is a GP and some of his patients need to lip read, so this one should help.
He has to use some sort of anti-fogging, but a little liquid soap seems to work quite well!

5 comments:

  1. I love the dimension the stencil tracing gave the bee hive and those bees are amazing, Chrissie! They look real! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bees Chrissie! Your son's patients will be so encouraged. It's one of the mask wearing things I can't get used to. My smile says so much about me. I don't think just seeing my eyes crinkle is enough. Stay strong diva.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made a vellum stencil and then incorporated it into your CAS stencil design. Your partial stencil outlining worked great to bring out your honey comb cells. Your bees are so life like...cool.

    Awesome mask with the clear area. Your son's hard of hearing patients will sure appreciate his mask too. TFS and Stay Safe and Creative. So pleased you joined us at CAS Stencil. Hugs... Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card design Chrissie! Those bees are AWESOME! And so is your stenciling with the oulining. I love that you've used brown which is so much softer than black. Really beautiful card! And how cool is that mask you made for your son! Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Chrissie. I love the outlining on the honeycomb, really adds depth to the design. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Mix Up challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie