Tuesday 21 January 2020

Loss of Mojo!


I seem to have had a little difficulty recently in making something which has really pleased me. I start off with what I think are reasonable ideas but somehow they just haven't totally come off. This has had the effect of me leaving with lots of projects either unsatisfactory in my eyes, or not quite finished. This is one such. In principle and in my head the idea seemed ok, but it's just not quite what I thought it would be.
It's for the challenge at CAS Christmas

ABC Christmas 'A' Anything Goes

This one follows the sketch at CASe This Sketch

I don't often use completely untextured card and for some reason when there's a lot of it in evidence it sometimes feels a little bland. I bought a pack of smooth card to fulfil a request to make large flowers for a charity I have supported by making Thank you cards for them, for sometime. I have a little left so I guess I must find the best way to use it. Some card is great for colouring  and blending with markers, some for use with watercolour, some for stamping, some for pastes etc. I think experimentation is called for.
The daisy die is from Pink Fresh Studios, mounted over a square die-cut, stamped with an SU grunge stamp. I don't recall the make of the foliage die. The sentiment is from a set of tiny, really useful sentiments from Sugar Pea designs.

5 comments:

  1. It's funny, however lovely a card is, if it's not what we pictured when we set out to make it we're not happy with it. But both your cards are gorgeous and I absolutely love the gold embossed music on your Christmas tag.
    Jane
    Guest Designer at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mojo looks alive and well to me, Chrissie! I love this tag with the music score and little holly! It's dramatic and classy against the dark card base! Your little collage with the framed flower is so dainty and pretty! I love how the center of the flower makes the whole design pop! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your dark backgrounds Chrissie and this one again is a hit. No mojo lost here, thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding! I love this CAS card, the splatters, and the simplicity of beauty! Wish my lack of mojo looked like this :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Christmas card, Chrissie. The green background is striking with the white & gold tag. And that mojo looks like it's gone now. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie