Thursday 2 January 2020

CAS Watercolour Guest Designer


Loll and Bonnie must put in hours of work to make their Challenge Blogs so informative, interesting, stimulating, challenging and downright fun!
The Watercolour challenge this time is to use Cool Colours and I am simply delighted to have been invited to be a Guest Designer for this challenge




For my card I began by stamping a My Favorite Things background stamp with Versamark and embossing in Silver.
I then spritzed it with water and added some sprinkles of Brusho powders and spritzed some more, dabbing with a paper towel and adding more powder and water until I got an effect which I liked. I then dried it off with my heat tool.
This kind of card always makes two versions.... the negative and the positive. I cut the SSS Tulip die from the centre of the coloured, embossed  card and then three or four layers from white card, which I stacked and then inlaid the coloured sections from the first cut. 

This is the card which I made with the remaining die cuts. I recessed the tulip die-cut and added a dry embossed backdrop for it, to add a little interest. I chose a folder with similar lines to the die cut and the original stamping. Not quite so CAS as the first card but still has fairly clean lines. The frame is mounted on dimensional pads.


15 comments:

  1. Congrats on your well-deserved Guest Designer spot, Chrissie! I really love the effects of Brushos with silver EP...you've inspired me to try it...Thanks! I also love the floral background and how you added texture to the card base on your first card! Two gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Chrissie well deserved GD spot. this is one of my favourite techniques with powdered inks. stunning card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards Chrissie and I love the embossed background with the Brushos in thos beautiful colours. I do love them both but I think the first is my favourite. Congratulations on being GD this time. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning designs as always, Chrissie! I've been admiring this beautiful card! Love the background and the stacked die cuts! The negative design is just as awesome! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - both cards are beautiful Chrissie! Great technique on your background/frame and so pretty with that lovely tulip overlay! So happy to see you here as the Jan Guest DT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I was just admiring the first card and then saw the second, equally beautiful card! You always make such unique and interesting! I love the embossing and gorgeous cool water-colouring. So happy you are our Guest Designer this month:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissie, this is beautiful - such a great background technique! You used lovely colours and a great die. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love your cards, love the technique, and love getting two for one! Thanks for sharing, this is one I will definitely try xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards Chrissie! I've been drooling over both of them and just love the colors and the stark contrast of the white die cut tulip against the colors! Thanks so much for joining us as GD this month at CAS Watercolour...you've done an AMAZING job!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous, Chrissie, I love those colors and how you made it pop with all that wonderful white! And I love that you can make two cards with one die!! thank you for being our guest this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! These cards are GORGEOUS, Chrissie. Love the beautiful silver embossed background with the beautiful shades of green and blue. So pretty with the white inlaid tulip on the first and the colour tulip on the second. I make a lot of cards that are a slim panel (like your first one), but never think to die-cut the panel so that there is a perfectly sized frame left for making a second card. How crazy is that??!! Thank you for the tip! And thank you for being our Guest Designer this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two gorgeous cards Chrissie! I love the sparkly background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you were able to use positive and negative for two cards! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love these, so honored to have you as our GD this month.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie