I treated myself to a few new Sizzix sets of dies recently when they were on sale, of which the background die here is one. I used it because of the absolute pickle I got myself into trying a new technique (to me)! Oxidised Metal!
I watched the video suggested on the CAS MIX Up Challenge and got into the most awful inky mess. I think I must have used to much reinker, and although I really liked the look of the effect I'd achieved, I couldn't stop the ink coming off. I tried wiping with a baby wipe, (as suggested in the video) and clear heat embossing, but the ink kept coming off. Maybe if I'd had a little more patience it may have dried in time, but sadly I'm not very patient. My solution with all this inkiness was to place it behind a die cut screen so that it could be seen, but wouldn't be rubbing of on anything it touched.
The next frustration with this card was trying to make the sentiment strip. I used a Clearly Besotted stamp which I wanted to emboss in Copper, to tie in with the 'metal' panel. I kept getting stray EP
around the words despite copious use of an antistatic bag. The stamp looked clean to me, but I thought I would give it a clean with my new Lawn Fawn Shammy. What a difference... a piece of lint appeared from off the stamp, (which hadn't been apparent earlier) probably from the baby wipe with which it was originally cleaned and the image from my next attempt at embossing came out perfectly! So the Shammy is something I would recommend!