The girls over at CAS Mix Up have challenged me to try something new yet again. I had never heard of this technique and today got into quite a pickle trying out some of the ways of achieving this effect.
This was one of the easier methods from the videos linked on the challenge blog, but I have tried some of the other techniques... as my inky fingers are testament to... I will be blogging some of those when I have decided what to do with the treated card!
For this one I began by embossing a piece of dark cardstock in a Craft Concepts embossing folder. I then dragged a Versamark Ink pad across the raised surface, and sprinkled embossing powders in Gold, Copper and Silver randomly over it and heat setting. I then dragged a little black Stazon over the top.
I did a similar process for the Alexandra Renke die cut, which I thought complemented the EF really well. I simply added a few black dots for the centre of the flower.
I used some of the same dark cardstock for the sentiment panel, and embossed the Clearly Besotted phrase in gold.