Monday 14 October 2019

Winter Scene


If ever I'm in a rush to make a Christmas card, this sort of design is one of my 'go to' methods of making one in double quick time.
I simply tear a Post it note to give an irregular edge to use as a mask in order to brush a little Distress ink over to create snow hills. I used Weathered Wood. Next I use the same mask over the hills in order to make the trees look as though they are just behind the hills. For the trees I used Iced Spruce Distress Ink. For the deer silhouette I used  a Sizzix die with deep green paper... although it gives the appearance of a silhouette it's not as harsh against the background colours as using black. The sentiment, stamped in a couple of shades of Distress Ink to tone with the scene, and stamps are from Memory Box. I used Framelits and SSS stitched dies for the mounts
CAS Christmas - Winter Scene
Christmas Kickstart Challenge - Woodland creatures

Just Us Girls Frame It

12 comments:

  1. And you've certainly ROCKED this technique - this card is fab

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! I predict a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Chrissie! Don't forget The Christmas Kickstart... It's Woodland Creatures, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing winter scene, Chrissie! Just love how you created the hilly forest - a perfect backdrop for that charming deer diecut!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is a stunning card...your layers of snow drifts and hills is just wonderful...I will have to give this a try, not sure mine will turn out as beautiful as yours though! This is a favorite! Thank you for playing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job on your scene, Chrissie. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissie, what a wonderful winter scene! Love the use of the Weathered Wood and Iced Spruce to make it more soft and chilly-feeling than black would be. And great simple framing with the stitched square. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the sweetest Winter scene, Chrissie! I love your choice of colors that look so realistic. And that deer is perfect to finish off the scene. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous winter scene Chrissie, I love the frosty winter colours you used. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would never have thought this was a "quick to make" Christmas card, Chrissie! It's such a beautiful winter scene ... I would take hours to make anything similar. :) Love the design ... and green reindeer - who knew it would be the perfect colour! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Chrissie, this is so gorgeous ! I saw your card in the CAS Christmas challenge and I had to stop by to tell you it is just stunning ! And even more now I read how simple it was easy to realise. It gives such a beautiful result. LOVE it ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this masked card! Using weathered wood is a nice alternate. The little diecut deer is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie