The girls over at the CAS Watercolour, Mix Up and Stencil challenges are constantly introducing me to either new techniques or ones I need to revisit. Here is a new one to me... using Distress Inks with a stencil and baby wipes!
To begin, I daubed some Wild Honey Distress ink onto the card, before covering it with a stencil I had made from a Sizzix corner die and some vellum. Holding it still, I gently removed some of the colour through the stencil, using a baby wipe. I think the effect is terrific. I stamped a few blotches over this in the same DI which of course appears a much stronger shade.
The little bees I think are from Memory Box dies... I've had them absolutely ages and never used them... after trying to assemble these I can understand why... there were very fiddly!
I cut them from white card, coloured the components with different alcohol pens and then stuck them together before clear embossing a few times.
The sentiment, stamped in deep deep brown ink, I think may have been a freebie
CAS Stencil - Baby Wipes