Friday 15 March 2019

Using old dies

I have heaps of stash which simply sits in boxes, files or drawers and rarely sees the light of day. One such is the die which I used to cut the lacy panel on this card.
I store my dies on magnetic sheets in slim plastic box type folders which hold about 8 sheets. They are filed in a variety of ways... Butterflies, Hearts, Babies, Tags & Labels, Foliage, Flowers, Large & Border Dies, Stitched and Pierced dies, Creatures, Sentiments, Alphabets.. I could go on, I must have thousands of dies!!!
What I was looking for today was a die which cut a pattern in a front panel without cutting it completely apart. This is what I found and I'm afraid I no idea of its origin and I can't even remember if I've used it before. Anyway I think it looks quite pretty, however as it is quite intricate I found it difficult to find something to complement it! This little bunch of hearts stems from Impression Obsession  ( I scribbled the make on the back of the die with a Sharpie during a moment of enlightenment) seems to fit reasonably.
The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted I believe. I usually write the make of sheets of clear stamps on the carrier sheets if the manufacturers haven't already done so.
Foolishly I assembled the card before adding the sentiment, but as I had used strips of dimensional pads to elevate the front panel a little instead of just dots, I managed to stamp the sentiment is my MISTI.


10 comments:

  1. Amazing card Chrissie, I absolutely love your design!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week for our Challenge!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pretty CAS card Chrissie. I think I have that die and it may be a Sue Wilson from some years back when she was just starting her flux of dies. I also love the little bunch of hearts. All in all a fab card! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Chrissie with the delicate diecut and the pop of red. Ok! You made me search through my stash as this die looked familiar! It's Memory Box Ringo Tile. I think I've only used it a couple of times but I love what you've done with it here. I'm afraid to admit I'm a stashaholic lol! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your cards Chrissie! Is there by chance an email address where I could contact you directly? I have a couple of questions and I've replied to the email posts that I get from you, but I think they're "no reply" so I don't think you're getting my notes...anyway, thanks so much for sharing your wonderful style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your kind words! I have added a 'contact me' section on my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I know what you mean about hidden stash. I have loads of it too. Love this card. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your idea to use old dies. That lace is so pretty and makes a wonderful backdrop to your sweet heart bouquet. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love that the die cut panel is popped up to show it's beauty and the gorgeous flower spanning it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous - I love the texture of the die cut part of the panel - and so beautiful with the bundle of hearts. Wonderful design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie