Saturday 14 May 2016

At Sea!

At "Less is More" it's time for  One Layer with the theme At Sea!
I love these sea birds from The Rubber Stamp Gallery. I began by stamping them and then covering them with some Elmers Rubber Cement, before Inking with various Distress Inks over a torn mask. I then over-stamped with a few Stamplorations grunge type stamps using some of the same Distress Inks.
The sentiment is from Happy Little Stampers!
Here I used an image from a kids downloadable colouring page, re-sized one and coloured them with watercolour pencils, blending the colours with a water brush and adding Glossy Accents when dry. The sentiment is computer generated.
This is another stamp from the Rubber Stamp Gallery. I embossed the circles, then masked them before stamping the image and again colouring with watercolour pencils.
The sentiment is from Imagine That.

Another sea picture similar to the first one, This time I stamped and clear embossed the waves using  a grunge stamp from Stamplorations, then inked with various shades of Distress Ink using sponge daubers.
I then stamped the sea bird from The Rubber Stamp Gallery and clear embossed that,  then cut a mask for his body before inking the sky, also using sponge daubers.
I wondered about a sentiment but thought I might leave that until it's needed!

23 comments:

  1. These are stunning, Chrissie. I must check out the rubber stamp birds as I just love them! The grunge elements from Stamplorations add lots of great texture too. I love the embossing around your ship image too - I always forget to try this to add interest to one layer cards. Lots of seaside inspiration here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these, very inspirational

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic selection Chrissie! Methinks you spend a lot of time on cruises and so have some fabulous inspiration from those, eh? Think the two with sea birds are my favourites, but that cheeky embossed porthole is very, very clever.
    Have a great week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created some great examples ...I love them all thanks for the inspiration to get our Sea juices flowing

    ReplyDelete
  5. you make such beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, these are amazing! Those birds are great and I love the embossed porthole. But I really, really like how you used downloads for the fishes card. So resourceful and a lovely finished effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow all really great cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow all really great cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowser, really nifty clean and simple. Love them all. C'est merveilleux!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowser, really nifty clean and simple. Love them all. C'est merveilleux!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome OL cards, love the sea bird onesand how you created the waves, fantastic effect, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply stunning! A beautiful collection of one layer magic!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow..stunning cards and terrific inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well you've certainly not been slacking Chrissie and I'm amazed you've pulled 4 beauties out the bag in between granny duties. Well done. Love them all and your inky seas are just awesome. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your really outdid yourself this week! Love all 4 of the cards, but I'm really loving the "water" on that last card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your really outdid yourself this week! Love all 4 of the cards, but I'm really loving the "water" on that last card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll never get tired of your seabird cards, they are fab and your backgrounds for them pretty darn good too! Lovely quartet

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all fantastic, Chrissie! What a wonderful variety of seaside cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards - I love the sea on the bottom one -

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a stunning selection! Still love all the seagulls standing in the sea best though! CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are fab, Chrissie. I love the embossed circles, resemble port holes so great for your ship. And the waves on your last card looks fanastic, lovely effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Four fab cards again Chrissie, great masking and inking on your first :D Have a great weekend, Hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great set of cards here Chrissie,love the cute fish..and also love the clever stitching idea around the boat one too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie