Saturday 31 May 2014

More than one stamp!

I have had an exhausting week looking after my grandchildren, They have been brilliant and we had a super time, but with a different 'mystery' to go on each day, an old girl like me starts to feel her age!
We went to the farm on Monday, Fun City (soft play) on Tuesday, Bursledon Brickworks (Museum) on Wednesday, where they made their own bricks and to Dinosaur Isle on the Isle of Wight, via the car ferry on Thursday. On Friday we took them home!!!

This week at Less is More the challenge is to use more than one stamp. There's no special prize for the person who uses the most, but hopefully it will be fun!
I made a similar card to this a few weeks ago. It involves one of my favourite techniques...emboss resist. The white flowers were stamped with Versamark and clear embossed before the background was inked with Distress Inks and then being overstamped with a variety of plant stamps.
I quite like to chop these panels up once I have stamped them. and mount them in triptychs or similar. The possibilities are endless. This one is simply trimmed with a Martha Stewart Border punched strip and a ribbon.
The sentiment is computer generated in Problem Secretary font.
The sharp-eyed amongst you may notice that the Artemio manuscript stamped strip has been mounted upside down here. It was rectified before it was given to the friend who commissioned it, but that was not until after I had taken this picture. As she is a member of my choir I knew it would be spotted!
The numbers are from an old, retired, US,  SU stamp set. The clarinet is from a colouring site on the internet, coloured with Wink of Stella in black and gold.
Again the sentiment is computer generated in Problem Secretary font.
There are only two examples this week as I've been kinda busy!

Last night I was making some inserts for some wedding stationery, when having almost finished a whole bunch of die-cutting, I noticed that a letter had disappeared from one word in the text and so the whole lot had to be re-printed and re-cut. What a nightmare! 
I hope to have a bit of a rest this week.

29 comments:

  1. I love the soft colours on the first card, it could be adapted to so many occasions.
    I bet the die-cutting mistake was due to exhaustion! What lucky grandchildren you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabby cards Chrissie despite your busy week. Your distress inked backgrounds are so perfect and I'd never have noticed the upside down manuscript. Have a good week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Chrissie, the background on the first one is stunning, love the fonts you've used on both cards, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool music card, Chrissie ... even upside down! Gorgeous emboss resist and what a fabulous sponged and stamped background! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the first card - the colour combo and stamps are simply gorgeous. I lmust admit I enjoy emboss resist myself - it's a fun technique that gives fab results! Love the font you have used on both cards (and love the name!). What a nightmare about the wedding invites - on the plus side at least you realised in time! Nicole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you have had a fun week - I'm sure you will be glad of a bit of peace and quiet now though.....These cards are beautiful - I always love your inky, emboss resist panels and the music card is great too (I don't know which is the right way up, so would never have noticed!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made two beautiful cards Chrissie, the first one is my favourite, great inking and stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards! That first card is really gorgeous, the background is fantastic and I love how the flowers stand out and I played the clarinet growing up, love how you mixed digi and traditional card making on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your embossed resist panels are always so perfect. Love the colours in this one particularly.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reckon most of us have made the mistake of putting things on cards upside down at one stage or another!

    Brilliant makes and glad you had a good (if exhausting) week with the grandlittleys!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb! Especially love the first scenic card, so atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two very different cards Chrissie, but I love 'em both! Sounds like your grandchildren had a fabulous week. Now you can got and lie down! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab cards Chrissie love the first on xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both cards Chrissie especially the beautiful background on the first card. The musical card is great I love anything that's personal to the receiver:)
    Enjoy your rest this week, I thought a 2 year old was exhausting, but fun:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a beautiful technique...such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two great cards and I love the inking and the softness of the first one, so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your "new job" card...How good would that scene look covering the whole card, its gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like your grandchildren had a great week with you Chrissie, the cards are gorgeous, the scene is stunning.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Chrissie, sorry it's been a while since I visited!! Your weeks sounds fun and we've been to the dinosaur place on the IOW too...interesting place :0) Fabulous cards, your inked scenes are always mini masterpieces xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both your cards are beautiful!.....the clarinet card is fab - I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a week you've had Chrissie - makes me feel exhausted just reading about it! Your cards are beautiful as always. I adore your atmospheric emboss resist card and what a good save on the clarinet card! Hope this week has been more restful for you! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a week you've had Chrissie - makes me feel exhausted just reading about it! Your cards are beautiful as always. I adore your atmospheric emboss resist card and what a good save on the clarinet card! Hope this week has been more restful for you! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two lovely cards Chrissie, despite your hectic week - the first one is so atmospheric! Hope your managing a more restful week this week and that you eventually managed to fix those wedding invitations!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning creations as always Chrissie, love the colours on the first one ..... gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I especially love the first card - it has so much depth to it despite being one layer.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful scenery card, so relaxing just looking at it. I like the layout for the clarinet, perfect birthday card too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Two unique and amazing cards, I love the first card with a serene view :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous cards Chrissie, I just adore the first one esp.Great stamping and colouring as always.Wow you have been busy, aren't grandchldren tiring at our age lol.Shame about the wedding stationery blip, can just imagine how annoying that was! :) Vivxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie