Saturday 14 December 2013

Happy Anniversary

Tomorrow is my 40th Wedding Anniversary! What a milestone..and I have a new stone too.. a very pretty ruby ring to mark the occasion!
This was what made me think of the first card for the Less is More Challenge this week... the subject is the Twelve Days of Christmas and it also has to be a One Layer Card.
The stamps are from Inky Doodles, I think they're so cute. Actually I will be giving this one to some friends whose anniversary is a couple of days after ours and with whom we usually have a celebratory meal each year.
This one uses the Penny Black's Transparent set of the Twelve Days of Christmas. The images are such fun!
My Christmas tree has been used for most of the 40 years of our marriage... this is in fact its 37th year. It was bought in 1976, in Alexandria, Virginia, when we were living there and has been used every Christmas since then. I think that rates value for money!
Here it is!


There are a few new ornaments on it this year, a little ceramic bell from Finland, a cuckoo clock and a wooden Christmas tree from Germany and a little warrior from Estonia. I write the year and the place where they were bought on each one and have a great time each Christmas taking them out and remembering many lovely holidays! 
Santa's chair is waiting for him beside the cocktail cabinet... he may just want a wee dram when he comes... I guess my husband could always drink it for him if he doesn't want to be tiddly in charge of reindeer!
Have a good week!

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you & your husband on your anniversary, a fantastic achievement these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Chrissie.
    Our tree is out of the loft ready to surprise our granddaughters on Monday. They have had theirs up 2 weeks and can't understand why ours isn't up lol! xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you a fine Wedding Anniversary day tomorrow! Hope to get to that anniversary myself... (have to be patient a long time...) Have a great weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW 4o years !!!! CONGRATULATION.
    Have a great day.
    Greetings Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. 40 years .. wow! Congratulations, have a nice day! Cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very Happy Anniversary to you Chrissie! Your tree has certainly proved it's value and looks lovely! Love both of your cute CAS cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations Chrissie I hope you have a wonderful anniversary! Love your cards but I'm in awe of your tree it's magnificent:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet little OLCs you've made, Chrissie! I wished you Happy Anniversary yesterday ~ that really is a wonderful milestone and good for your Mister to treat you to a ruby!! He's a keeper!!

    Your tree and surroundings are really beautiful! We finally bought an artificial tree last year and I love it. People tell me they sort of fall apart after six years, but you give me hope that ours will outlive us!!

    Enjoy your special weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww those turtledoves are so stink in' cute Chrissie!!
    Happy anniversary also!
    Connie
    http://sodakstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards, Chrissie. Your tree looks great, we finally caved and have just replaced our 22 year old artificial tree - hope the new one lasts as long.

    Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly amazing...all three....the card, (you could count this for Valentine's Day too), the lasting marriage, (at least in this day and age), and the tree. Obviously, you and the mister take excellent care of all things beautiful. Happy Anniversary Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary to you and hubby, Chrissie! 40 years is a long time, which is a real tribute to your love for one another (we celebrate 39 yrs next month) ~ I hope you enjoy the evening with your Choir and that you have a wonderful day tomorrow with your 'man'!

    LOVE both of your cards, too! They're just perfect in every way...just like your beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very many congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary.

    I love your tree and your festive chair and wonderful idea for the holiday memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy anniversary! Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute card! I will make this card for my parents. It is their 25th anniversary next month and I have booked one of the same San Francisco wedding venues for the party where they got married. I will make sure I make this day one of the best days of their life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie