Saturday 14 December 2013

Craft Stamper Blog Challenge

There 's a new challenge over at the Craft Stamper Magazine Blog.
This time it's to use the OMBRE technique. I believe that this means a gradual change of colour throughout the card. I chose to work with shades of grey.
The stamps are from Penny Black.
I merely masked a section of the card and then clear embossed the flowers before adding areas of colour using both sponge daubers and ink duster brushes.
When I was happy with the shading, I shadow stamped the image again using a deep grey. To add just a little interest I stamped some splatters from the SU Gorgeous Grunge set in white and shades of grey.
I removed any ink from the white flowers with a tissue to allow the colour to pop.
The sentiment completed the card.
Why not give this challenge a try!

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Chrissie! The grays make it look so elegant! Happy Ruby Anniversary and many, many more!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Chrissie - the ombre greys are beautiful and the white really pops against the background.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card looks amazing!!! I saw it over at Craft Stamper and am totally inspired by it.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie