Tuesday 23 April 2013

Back from my Rhine Cruise

We went on a fabulous river cruise up the river Rhine last week, starting in Amsterdam and finishing in Basel. We had a wonderful time and made lots of new acquaintances. The food was amazing and there was an open bar, so this week we're back on a diet before the next sortie!
This is a paper pieced card using a fab set of stamps which I bought at Ally Pally, I can't remember the name of them, although I've a sneaky feeling that they may be Dylusions... I'll have to check with my friend Anne, as she bought the same set. I think they're terrific and are tailor made for this technique.
I used scraps from the drawer for the clothes and also found a little set of There She Goes clear sentiment stamps, which until now had never seen ink.
It's for Dynamic Duos Colour challenge of Grey and Black with the added element of being for a chap.
cfc99
It's also for the Casual Friday's challenge for a birthday card.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie,
    gorgeous card,
    love it,
    hugs Tamara :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stylish young man Chrissie, the height of fashion! Your cruise sounds wonderful, did you bring the butler home :o)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for the two challenges. I like the paper piecing you did...very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a lovely time, my parents did a similar cruise a few years ago and loved it! Fabulous card Chrissie, so stylish, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the coolest card, Chrissie! I really love that stamp image - so different from most of what we see in blogland. Glad to have you join us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes now I see him on a card I see why you needed to buy those stamps!! Brilliant for paper piecing and such a trendy card for a guy too :0)
    Your cruise sounds very relaxing... a more upmarket booze cruise!!! :0)
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this, Chrissie!!! Gorgeous card in a perfect CAS style!
    Thanks for joining CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic patterned papers for your CAS fashion plate! And so happy to hear of a new set seeing some action. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge, Chrissie! Good to see you here : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie