Saturday 20 November 2010

Lavender and Lace


I really like this Stampin' Up stamp and punch set, I wish I'd ordered the other set with this shape of bauble in it  in time for Christmas. I had great difficulty in finding an ink and card which would give the depth of colour I wanted, in the end I used Brilliance Pearlescent Lavender, with my Paper Mill matt finish card.
Having chosen my ink and found a suitable match for the matting paper, I then couldn't find a ribbon to match, so I coloured some ivory satin ribbon with a Copic Marker... I think it works really well.
I fancied adding a little bling to the baubles and began with some diamanté adhesive gems, but they didn't look too good with the lace, so I switched them for my favourite pearls!
Paper Cutz - Christmas Bling
Bah  Humbug - Lavender
Wags and Whiskers  - Lavender and Lace
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Non Trad Christmas Colours

12 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie
    Looks great with the lace ...i wish i`d have got the punch ...i have to cut mine out ....
    hugs
    sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh very pretty Chrissie, I like the ribbon threaded lace. The other set starts shipping next week so you can still get it in time to make your Christmas cards!
    Love
    Victoria
    x
    ps - not heard back from Libs after I sent her my bank deets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chrissie

    I do like to visit your blog as all of your cards are just gorgeous and stunning, this one in partiular is so beautiful and elegant. The baubles are gorgeous and set against white cuttling look fabulous, the addition of the lace is just exquisite.

    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Bah!Humbug!
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Chrissie, the lilac was a perfect choice

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy. This is really pretty.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Chrissie this is a quality and classy card those baubles look gorgeous so does the ribbon and lace, superb work.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Chrissie.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super pretty card. Love the sparkle and shine. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Chrissie, love the baubles with the pearls :-)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. the pearls also go with the swiss dots folder better too. Lovely card - and stamp and punch set. It looks like you've straightened a garter out on the card Chrissie - giving it a very sexy twist LOL...

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Chrissie and what a coincidence that we both used the same ink pad! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this is just stunning - I've gotta find myself a stampin up person near me. I need these goodies.
    Hope the hip op has gone well - I remember that pain all too well and the relief after the operation. Worth the hospital stay etc as she will be so much fitter from now on.
    Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug!
    Hope you will be able to join us on our last challenge of the year which starts on Friday.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie