Wednesday 9 June 2010

Cooking it Up with Katie #19

The recipe this fortnight at Cooking it Up with Katie is to use Green, Embossing and a Ribbon. The Sponsor for this challenge is Digital Delights and the DT were given their choice of images from the extensive range available on website. I chose Dilly Duck in the rain... quite a cutie I'm sure you'll agree.
I coloured Dilly with my Copics and mounted him/her on a square, embossed with Cuttlebug's random dots embossing folder. I added a sentiment from Unity Stamps. The corner was made with two square Nesties, cut simultaneously, one nestling inside the other and the resulting frame was cut diagonally to make the corner. I believe that the paper was a free digi download... sadly I don't remember the source. The card was completed with the ribbon and umbrella charm. As weather is the theme of the challenge at ABC this week it is for that too!
Before the sponsor at CIUWK came forward, I had already made the card below for the challenge, so I thought that I would show it anyway.
For the embossing in this card I used the Letterpress technique, where my Impressibilities stencil was inked with silver, before the card was embossed by running it through my Cuttlebug with my tan mat. I love the effect, but cleaning the stencil afterwards is tricky, as the filaments on this particular stencil are very fragile and easily bent out of shape. The butterfly is a digi from Chris Dark, the Sketching Stamper (link on my sidebar), the sentiment is from Stampin' Up, the corners are Cuttlebug and the paper from Cuddly Buddly. This is quite a fresh green, compared to the warmth of the colour in the previous card, I'm not sure which I prefer. How about you?

8 comments:

  1. Both cards are stunning Chrissie!

    Glad you liked out Dilly Duck too!

    Hugs
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 beautiful cards as always Chrissie :-)
    Could you just put the stencil under running water?
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie! Your little duck card is adorable and the butterfly card is beautiful. I wish I could make cards as quickly as you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both fab cards but that little duck card is brilliant. A real eyecatcher. Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissie, I tried to comment yesterday but blogger wasn't having it. I like both cards, I think the top one looks more eyecatching but not sure why.
    I have an award for you on my blog.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that cute little duck and your sentiment is wonderful, thanks for joining us this week at abc

    hugs clare x

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card and cute duck.
    Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Chrissie - really fresh shades of green.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie