Saturday 17 April 2010

Tri Shutter Card

This is my first attempt at a tri-shutter card. I had seen various videos on You Tube and thought it looked comparatively straightforward, if a little time consuming. I waited until I had bought my Fiskars paper trimmer, which allows accurate cutting within a piece of card. It arrived yesterday, so I had to have a go.
The videos I had seen, were working in Imperial measures, but I adapted the measurements to fit a piece of A4 card.
The digi papers are called Cloudy Pearl, but I can't remember where they came from and I've just had a look on the download, but it doesn't give me the information!
The stamping is from Stampin' Up and the flowers are from a set of Cuttlebug Alphabet dies.
It's for a couple of challenges
Little Red Wagon - Dry embossing, there's a small section of Cuttlebug Victoria embossing behind the heart.
Quixotic Challenges - Heavy Metal, the heart charm.
PS I just Googled the digi paper and found out that it was from Pollycraft!
Michelle was asking about the dimensions of this card.
This is what I did.

15 comments:

  1. this is very gorgeous and still has a neat clean finish to it too. I've yet to attempt one of these! Looks very complex
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fab design. How clever.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous Chrissie! I have yet to try one of these .. .. but the sun is shining today so maybe later!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, i must say that if this is your first attempt at a shutter card - you would NEVER know... I thought you must have bought a card blank... great job and great images and papers...

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Pretty Chrissie and lovely clean calm colour ways. Fantastic first attempt at a shutter card
    Sallie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool card. I have wanted to try one of these. Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissie i love theswe Tri Shutter cards although as you say there is a lot of work involved.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Chrissie! Im the last to try anything new out but it is one fold that really does appeal.
    Your colours and papers are beautiful!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! Wow! Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie challenge this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW. I so love it. Hmmm.. is the design fit the measurement of an <a href="http://papermilldirect.co.uk/card-and-paper>a4 card</a>

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Michelle, this was made from a piece of A4 card from the Paper Mill Shop!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW. I so love it. Hmmm.. is the design fit the measurement of an a4 card

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Chrissie and well done on working out all the measurements :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie