Tuesday 2 April 2019

One Layer for Happy Little Stampers

 Sometimes it's a little difficult to give definition to a one layer card, but a simple technique is to dry emboss a frame. Here I used a little pierced rectangle die to surround the Blockhead stamps image. As this is image has no defined edge I think it would look a little odd by itself on a one layer card. I had to emboss from both ends as the die was slighted shorter than the image itself. I coloured the flowers with watercolours as alcohol markers show through to the inside of just one layer.
The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted. I am very fond of combining script and printed fonts for sentiments and this set  does just that. It would be nice to know the name of these fonts so that I could use them on my computer! 
This is my DT card for the CAS challenge at Happy Little Stampers... if you don't often try one layer cards, now might be a good time to have a go!
We would love to see you join us!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea and lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!
    Excellent design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie, each of your cards is the quintessence of CAS style elegance. You set the direction of this style. Thank you for all the inspiration.
    Bożena xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. I love the embossed frame xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever is that embossed frame, really finished off the card a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. I love the way you embossed the frame around the image and the texture of the cardstock.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie