Saturday 21 February 2009

Secret Crafter Challenge #20 & Daring Cardmaker Fish or Frog


I find that it's always hard to make cards for chaps. I keep this Paper Nation stamp in the drawer for the odd occasions when I'm asked to make cards for fishermen! I don't like all the stamps in the series, but I quite like this one.
The sketch is from The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and the theme from Daring Cardmakers. The papers are Papermania and Canon. I stamped the trees onto the plainish Canon paper to try to make it seem a bit more rural.
The corners are Cuttlebug and the scallop square is a Nestability. I stamped the sentiment onto the square whilst it was still in the die so that I got a slight border and didn't go across the embossing. As I'd used Timber Brown Stazon, I had to clean the die and the stamp with Stazon cleaner!

15 comments:

  1. Well done on being first! Like you I love this Papernation image. A fab card for any guy young or old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness you re quick this morning !! Fab card, love the fisherman and the DP :-)
    off to make a card ,,,,,,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Chrissie that was quick, and it's absolutely stunning, sp pleased you enjoed my sketch thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Chrissie, A real great one for the boys I agree... Love what you done with the trees very effective indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Chrissie and such a brill image, love the papers you have used. Thanks for playing along with us SCSC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, lovely colours and image

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cor speedy Chrissie
    brill card, luv the image, well done on 2 in 1, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie, what a fantastic man's card, love it !!!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the layers on this card Chrissie. And that fishermans face is a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a great image and a wonderful card! :)

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - perfect for a bloke.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card Chrissie - love the papers and its a fab image for a bloke.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice card - great idea with the border.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card, it's great to be able to make a good one for the men isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. .... what a wonderful card.....

    MARTINA :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie