Friday 8 July 2022

Happy Birthday


When I saw the challenge at the Male Room, I realised that I had posted the perfect card for it the previous day, so I went about making another in a similar vein. 

My previous card has a knot on it and so I thought I would do another with a similar knot, but not exactly the same. This took me back to my Guiding days and this knot is called a sheet bend.
Here's how to do it!

The sentiment is by Gummiapan and the posts from Memory Box, the anchor was a freebie from a magazine. The source for the seagull escapes me, but that may be Memory Box too!

The only source of colour is the seagull's beak and legs!
We're off to our grandson's Speech Day today on his last day of school for the academic year. There is a to be a picnic in the grounds so it should all be great fun!






 

8 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous monochromic card Chrissie. I LOVE your knots! Thanks so much for the video. What a peaceful beachy scene. I can smell the ocean! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun knot with clear instructions. Thanks for the inspiration. I will be adding these to my summer cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining the male room challenge. That is a very cool knot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful monochromatic card! Thanks for playing at The Male Room challange. And for video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card for our monochrome challenge - and what a great knot - thanks for the video too - thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete
  6. Checking my posts on the TMR challenge I thought I had commented on your fabulous card. Blogger has been unkind to me, so I expect it was that. I LOVE your design, the bird, the wonderful knot, absolutely everything is perfect (as always Chrissie). Thank you so much for joining us in our Monochrome challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant Chrissie! Love the anchor dangling from the knot, love the texture on the piling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see this lovely card was the well deserved winner at The Male Room. Congratulations. I stopped by to tell you how much I admire it's CAS vibe and I was delighted to see that you have a tutorial for the knot too. Thank you! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie