Saturday 21 March 2015

JUGs

As often seems to happen these days, I woke at silly o'clock and saw that Just Us Girls has a new challenge which I really like the look of... black and white + 1
Probably because of my love of CAS, a limited colour palette suits me and is one I tend to favour.

It's also for Time Out
Black & White plus a Splash of one colour!
This card has a horizontal band from a Stampin' UP wheel, a sentiment from Clearly Besotted, a butterfly from a Memory Box die and a couple of hexagons cut with Sizzix dies. I can't remember the make of the foliage but I will find out!
It's a layout I also favour quite often and was the very first sketch ever used at "Less is More".
I'm off to the NEC soon, what fun!
Look at this!

This is a card from Petra Swart. I must have seen this card some time ago and thought it a great idea and now weeks later, remembered the idea of using hexagons.
This is fabulous Petra, I must apologise for not acknowledging my subconscious inspiration! 

12 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card, love the orange with against the black and white. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie this is a stunner, love the design and the scoring. You joined us with another card and that is just fab, thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design - love those hexagons tying everything together! You work wonders with a few colours and a CAS style. Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out, Chrissie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Chrissie, can you believe that I made about the identical card a while ago for CTS!!! What do they say about great minds..?? LOL!!!! I love your version with the bright orange and music strip!!!! Your butterfly and the sweet little flowers are lovely!!!!
    You can have a look at my card here: http://kaartjiekreatief.blogspot.com/2015/02/cts111.html
    - hope you like my version!!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your card is beautiful Petra, I wonder if I may have seen your card somewhere and it just subconsciously stuck in my mind... it's uncanny how similar they are. I must add your card to this post so people can see!
      Your work is always inspiring!

      Delete
    2. Oh, Chrissie, how sweet of you to add my card to your post and I really appreciate your kind words!!!! I've joined your blog very recently and I enjoy your talent so much!!! No worries about the similarity of our cards - I love your one and I know it is just a big coincidence!!!
      Looking forward to enjoy all of your work in future!!!
      Have a lovely day, Chrissie!!!!
      (ps ...want to know where you've seen my card ...I was the very proud winner of CTS#111 with my card!!!!)

      Delete
  5. Hi Chrissie
    Love this card... Love the delicate leave die to... Enjoy yout trip to Birmingham....
    Wish i was there .10 mins from where i come from....
    Enjoy
    Hugs Sylvie xxx
    I am still hopeless with the CAS cards....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love black and orange together. Great touch with the hexagons and beautiful butterfly. Fabulous layout. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funnily enough I had a similar thing happen just the other day. Was scribbling down a design for a Xmas card while going thru my emails and came across a card by another designer nearly exactly the same! With so many card makers in blogland its a wonder it doesn't happen more often!! Petra's card is gorgeous and love yours as well. The modern hexagons with the pretty butterfly and flowers is fantastic. Always nice to have you visit us at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Chrissie! It's so strikingly elegant! Thanks for playing at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The delicate detail on the dies is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie