Wednesday 29 January 2014

DIY Chevron Mask

This card was inspired by Day 3 of the online Stencilling course I enrolled in.
It called for a chevron mask, which I didn't have, so I went about making one for myself.
I used my Silhouette Portrait, to draw it and cut it from acetate so that it can be used over and over.
To begin with I spritzed a piece of card with a goldish shimmer and then when dry applied some embossing paste through my home-made mask. Whilst still wet I tapped a little gold Perfect pearls over it.
The leaves from Clearly Besotted were stamped onto vellum and embossed with WOW Sea foam white EP and die-cut.
The butterfly is from Memory Box and painted with a little white Perfect pearls powder mixed with water.The sentiment is from Paper Smooches embossed in gold and cut out with a slightly extended Framelit die. A few pearl and it was done. 
I quite like it but it took me quite a while to execute!
Silhouette Challenge - Anything Goes
CAS on Sunday - Lovey Dovey (as this is a Wedding/Engagement card)
Muse - The foliage, the central  focus element and the use of chevrons are in line with the Muse this week!

28 comments:

  1. This is FAB.U.LOUS.! I love this card -- this class was so popular and I am picking up pieces of it from all over blogland :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome card! I loved taking the class but haven't had time to put it into practice yet. Was worried about cutting acetate on my cameo but I guess it works fine so will give it a go!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beuatiful Card, Chriessie!
    I love it,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Chrissie, I wish I'd enrolled on this course as I am loving all the beautiful cards that it is inspiring, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo pretty and elegant...... I love all the shimmer and shine :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty card, love all the shimmer. It is so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very lovely! Great idea to make your own masking template!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love! :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The white on white is so elegant but adding a little gold as well makes it so very pretty. I need to try this!
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! Such an elegant take on this week's Muse, Chrissie! Thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I love all the white with the splash of gold. And the butterfly, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, the white and gold look so elegant, love the stencilled background too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a stunning card Chrissie, so beautiful. Glad to see you are enjoying the class, me too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a gorgeous card Chrissie - so elegant. Love that you made your own stencil - gives you much more freedom to create. Fabulous!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning! I would love to case it, but I need to learn a lot before I could even attempt it! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Chrissie
    Wowe! Love. This ... Gorgeous ... I enrolled as well ... Loing the Stencils... And Embossing Paste....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely. The subtle colours and texture are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic Chrissie! I'm really loving the look of the masking. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow Chrissie, this is such a stunning card, I love it :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the white and gold tones with the touch of pearls and that intricate butterfly is beautiful. Love how it jumps off the card. :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card, love the design and gorgeous butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I popped over from Muse, but I have a Silhouette as well. Honestly this card is so beautiful, I am struggling with an adjective to convey my admiration of it (and your mad skills).

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great take on Debby's card, Chrissie. Love the gold touches.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Chrissie - a simply adorable card. So many pretty elements. Congrats on your honourable mention at Muse :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on your HM at MUSE, this card REALLY caught my eye!!!!! GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie